My kids are always asking to bake chocolate-chip cookies over the weekend. There are several brands of quick mixes available in store but nothing comes close to the ones made from scratch. It is assuring to know the ingredients being used and no worries about the preservatives. Moreover, these are made from ingredients that are readily available in your pantry. Is it time consuming and cumbersome? Not-at all!!
Baking these beauties is fun as you can involve your kids and the aroma of freshly baked cookies is just divine. The kids wait eagerly for them to come out of the oven. My favorite part is when they take their first bite into the ooey-gooey, oh-so-chocolaty cookie and their face lights up with joy. Pure bliss…makes my day!
Try this simple and delicious recipe and you will never go back to the store bought cookies. Make a big batch, as these won’t last very long! Enjoy 🙂
Recipe Yields: 24-30 cookies Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (You can use half all purpose and half wheat flour)
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) or 1.5 sticks un-salted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- ¾ cup bitter-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Add butter and sugars in another mixing bowl and beat until smooth using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and the eggs, one at a time and beat on low setting.
- Add flour mixture little at a time and mix together until the dough comes together.
- Gently fold the chocolate chips using a spatula.
- Place dough on a plastic wrap, form a log shape and keep it refrigerated for 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- Using a measuring spoon or scoop, divide the dough into 24-30 balls and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10-11 minutes. Make sure not to over bake these cookies or you will not get the soft and chewy texture.
- Leave them on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely or dig into them while they are warm!
3 thoughts on “Whole-wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These look so crispy and tasty 😍
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person
I do not even know the way I stopped up right here, but I assumed this put up was once good.
I do not understand who you are but certainly you’re going to a well-known blogger should you are not already.