Tandoori Fish Tacos – What’s not to like about these three words! It has three of my favorite food types all in one recipe!
We usually do Taco Fridays at home where we switch between chicken and fish tacos. Last week I made the usual and kids favorite chicken tacos but didn’t feel like eating them so decided to do a quick marinade for the fish and ended up with these lip smacking Tandoori Fish Tacos! These were loved and devoured by our eldest one as well!
My better half absolutely loved the flavor profile of this dish – Spiciness and smokiness of the Tandoori marinade mixed with sweetness and tanginess of the pineapple salsa and topped with nuttiness of the cheese was a perfect balance that enhanced the delicateness of the fresh fish. He wants me to add this to our weekly menu now.
This was a really simple recipe and did not need any kind of additional sauce!
Recipe Servings: 6 tacos Time: 20 minutes + marinating time
- 1 Lb. Tilapia Fillet, cut into strips or cubes
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- 3 Tbsp. Shredded Mexican Cheese of your choice (I recommend Cotija cheese)
- 1 cup Mixed Greens
- ½ Lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger grated or mined
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic grated or minced
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garam Masala
- 2 tsp. Tandoori Masala
- 1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- Salt per taste
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple, chopped
- ¼ Red Onion, chopped
- ½ Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- Few sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for marinade and mix well.
- Add the fish pieces and mix them all together.
- Cover and refrigerate the marinated fish for about 2 hours or longer.
- Preheat the oven at 425 F (220 C).
- Grease a baking tray using spray or oil.
- Place the marinated fish pieces on the tray and bake for about 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces.
- Broil for about 1-2 minutes once the fish is cooked.
- Chop the ingredients for pineapple salsa and mix them thoroughly.
- Warm corn tortillas in microwave or griddle.
- To assemble the tacos, place tortillas on a plate. Add mixed greens on the bottom, then add grilled fish pieces, pineapple salsa, sprinkle some cheese and squeeze lemon juice and enjoy!!
2 thoughts on “Tandoori Fish Tacos”
This looks so yum!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot!