Besan laddoo does not need any introduction! One of the most popular Indian sweet made during Diwali. They are synonymous with Lord Ganesha and Diwali Puja. These have been my favorite ever since I can remember and now they are my kids’ absolute favorite Indian sweet. I still love besan laddoos sold outside Mahaavir Sthan Temple in Patna. My parents still bring them for me every time they visit us:)
My daughter looks forward to Diwali and other Indian festivals, as she knows that I will make these for her. This morning she was wondering why I have not made these when Diwali is tomorrow. I make them last minute because I want to save them from my kids for Diwali Puja!
My daughters are allergic to nuts so I have sprinkled these laddoos with some rainbow sprinkles to make them look more festive and surprise them with extra treat!
Enjoy this authentic and a must try sweet!! Happy Diwali!!
Recipe Makes: 20-25 Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups besan (chickpea flour)
- 3-4 Tbsp. sooji (semolina)
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1.5 cups superfine sugar
- 4 green cardamoms, seeds powdered
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed or non-stick pan.
- Add besan and stir.
- Add sooji after 5 minutes.
- Continue to stir and roast for 20-25 minutes on a medium-low heat until besan changes color.
- The ghee will start releasing from the sides.
- Turn off heat and add sugar and cardamom powder after 5 minutes into the besan mixture.
- Mix well and leave it to cool further.
- Once the besan laddoo mixture is warm enough for you to handle, make small balls.
- Garnish with rainbow sprinkles!
- You can store these laddoos in an airtight container once it cools down completely.
- You can add nuts of your choice to these laddoos!
- You can leave sooji out or reduce the quantity if you don’t like grainy laddoos.
3 thoughts on “Besan Laddoos”
Reblogged this on The Hungry Palate.
I tried this recipe long time back the way you told me. They were so good till now I follow your recipe. It’s just perfect specially if you put Sunith it give a little crispy feeling ohh they were so yummy 😋 thank you Priya
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot Sujata for your lovely comment!