Carrots are a family favorite in my house so I usually buy them in bulk. I was thinking of trying something new to make with the big bunch I got last week. I make banana bread all the time ….so decided to try the carrot version of it and that’s how I came up with Carrot nut bread…a healthier version of carrot cake!!
This bread has the perfect texture, grainy yet delicate…moist, yet not too dense and is loaded with fruity-nutty goodness! Try this warm bread with little bit of butter…you will absolutely fall in love with it!
Tip….This is also a perfect fall bread and great Thanksgiving recipe!
Recipe Makes: 1 loaf Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into little pieces
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with butter or spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients, mixing with a fork.
- Beat together the milk, sugar, vanilla extract and egg.
- Pour into the dry ingredients. Mix them together gently, trying not to over mix.
- Fold in the carrots and the almonds.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for about 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Use almond milk instead of regular milk for added flavor.
- Add raisins and walnuts or any other nuts of your choice.
2 thoughts on “Carrot Nut Bread”
I LOVE THIS! 👍👍
LikeLiked by 1 person